Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Ow, my self-esteem!

It occurs to me that the heroes of Final Fantasy are kinda fugly. This is very old-school. In newer games, where the young adolescent boy is supposed to identify himself fully with the macho, spikey-haired, sword-swinging hero, nobody ever stops talking about how great he is. "Oh, Crono, you're so thoughtful!" "Oh Squall, you're so skilled at military training drills!" "Oh Cloud, you are the prettiest whore of them all!"

So this comes as a surprise:





Well, that's just her opinion. Maybe she's just not that into guys. She DOES have all those brooms floating around, you know. Who knows what she REALLY uses them for.


Let's find someone objective to tell me how good-looking I.... oh.







Even the inanimate objects are telling you how ugly you are. No wonder this series grows up to be all emo.

1 comment:

Laurence Brodeur said...

I definitly need to play this game. I usually have the hots for the handsome heroic men of the party. Maybe some uglyness would help me focus on the story


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.