Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Sunday, March 4, 2007

The Air Shrine

Ah, the last elemental shrine. It's interesting to me that the journey begins in a desert tower, but I suppose there's no other way to get to the sky but up.

It's refreshing to get back to the plot, just for the fact there are new monsters more than anything else. I'm already ridiculously overpowered -- the judgement staff (flare!) takes care of that. It's such smooth, uninteresting sailing, that there's very little to screenshot.

It's sad to see that the Kikuichimonji that I picked up way back in the Bonus Cave of Long Ago is still the best ninja weapon available, trumping the legendary Sasuke's Katana. I could probably ignore all the chests until end game and not miss out too terribly. I did pick up the adamantium for my legendary sword, though.



An uneventful trip later, and I reach the embarassingly named Fiend of Wind, who dies in two rounds. So much for a challenge.









Of course, I didn't forget about my newest friend, the Dwarven Blacksmith, so I'm the proud owner of Excalibur!

No comments:


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.