Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Introductions (Obligatory or otherwise)

Hi! I'm Matola! The older, sexier, wisened half of the duo known as FF Nerds.

Welcome to our journey across the wide-spread, epic land of Final Fantasy. Watch as we relive our greatest moments, go through our hardest tribulations, and maybe run into our old friend Cid along the way.

Buckle up, children, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

2 comments:

Laurence Brodeur said...

You're forgetting Biggs and Wedge!

Anonymous said...

Hehe... don't you love getting comments on a post that's two+ years old?

I stumbled across your blog while looking for info on the 4 White Mages challenge for FF1, and after reading a bit I'm inspired to follow in your footsteps and go about playing all the games in order. Yeah, I'm a Gemini with the attention span of a forest imp, so I imagine I'll get halfway through FF4 and lose interest. And that may even be a bit of a leap considering that I don't actually have a copy of FF3 -- what platforms is that available on, anyhow? I have a feeling I'll have to go emulator.

I have 1, 2, 4, 5 & 6 on GBA, and I admit (coughs) I've never played through the newer ones. I've put maybe 10 hours into FF7 a whole bunch of times and had it fail to capture my interest, and never proceeded further. I guess I'm just more attracted to old games. (shrugs)

Anyway, thanks for this blog, I can't wait to read further. My party of white mages just made it to Melmond and I'm really praying for a weapons shop that sells something better than the Coneria hammer, which so far is the ONLY weapon in the game equippable by white mages. Grrr. I found a single mythril hammer in the marsh cave (I think) but the other three mages are pretty, well, pathetic.


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.