Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Fiscal Solvency

Ah, the Marsh Cave. The first real difficult part of the game, if you ask me. It's best to be well stocked and well prepared, lest ye DIE a horrible fate. Sadly, I find the cave monsters to, initially, be easier than those outside. And I do love Dia.

I always forget that there's an easily acquired Broadsword here -- that was an awful lot of gold that I dumped down the drain. As far as monsters -- Sleep continues to be a dominating force. A very short time in the cave has upped my reserves to 3500 gil -- just enough for my beloved Haste.

The 'boss' of the Cave coughs up 900 gil -- bringing my reserves to over 5000! Someone's gonna be casting spells tonight! Even better -- you can fight them repeatedly, which gives me another 1200 gil to spend.




Armed with Haste, Blizzara, and the knowledge that I can come back to the Marsh Cave VERY soon and rake up even more money... I went off to claim my prize for retreiving the crown from the cave.

Of course, nothing is ever as it seems, and I've unwittingly given the Evil Dark Elf King(tm) the last item he needs to take over the world. Fortunately -- haste and temper give Fiturr the power to cleave the very world in twain, and the fight goes off without a hitch.

...and yes -- my namesake is taking a dirt nap. Thanks for noticing.

That's nothing a quick stop in town can't fix, though, and it's off for the completion of the fetch quest: crown, eye, potion, key, (Treasure!), and plot. Since I couldn't pawn off the crown, eye, or tonic, I decided to liberate the treasures of all the castles in the realm. The elves kindly gave me 1500 Gil, some gloves, and a hammer, but I'd rather have my money back from spell buying. Maybe that's just me, though.

The fake king, the marsh cave, and Garland's castle all coughed up decent treasure, and I was able to prevent myself from going overboard in the Marsh Cave, so all in all we're pretty well outfitted and ready to go see the dwarvs.

Lali-ho!

No comments:


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.