Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Bonus Dungeon 2! Complete!

Bonus Dungeon #2

The Fire Dungeon is a lot like the Volcano. You can walk on lava and avoid a lot of battle. It's twice as deep as the Earth Bonus though -- and you can fight a boss on each fifth, which means that I only need two trips through to get all the booty. This is the FF4 dungeon, and my first fight
was against Scarmiglione, which gave a Lunar Curtain for all my trouble. Joy, thy name is me.

There's also yet another modern change, which I'll try to continue pointing out as they come along.











The second set of bosses includes Booberella -- she's got about 15k hp,
which is tremendous compared to the bosses I've been fighting. Her prize is 'Braveheart', a sword that's marginally better than my Ice Brand.

Two bosses down -- two to go!


It's become almost formulaic -- Round 1) Fiturr uses Giant Gloves, Sylar Hastes -- Round 2-X) Sylar Tempers Fiturr, Fiturr attacks. The damage skyrockets from 1200 a round to 2500+, and then the boss dies. Cagnazzo was boss #3 -- ugly as ever, and he gave a Light Curtain for his trouble. Quite a waste of time if you ask me. Rubicante was next and....


I not only almost hit 4000 damage this fight, he gave me a weapon that just shows the character limits can be damned, AND a ribbon! Funny enough -- the description on the weapon (Kikuichimonji) explains that a chrysanthemum adorns its scabbard. Good thing there's no character limits on the descriptions.

No comments:


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.