Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Friday, March 2, 2007

...and Treasure!

And it's fundraising time! Sadly, it also comes with level raising time, but 5 bucaneers at sea give a whopping 600 gil, so I quickly got enough monies for my black and white magic. Then, it's across the ocean! The game is decidedly vague about your next steps, but someone does mention elves living across the sea. Elves, eh?

Of course -- Elves do love magic. Of course at 2500 a pop -- that's crazy money. So, time to bust out the old standby of any FFI fan -- the sliding puzzle! Sadly, 2nd place only nets you 100 gil and an elixir, and I'm not fast enough to get a first place victory.






An elixir DOES sell for 1000 Gil, though. I decided to keep mine, just in case of a rainy day, and went to beat up Ogres. 45 xp for almost four times the gil? Sold! To avoid needless painful power leveling, I pick up Fira and head on in search of fabulous wealth.










There's a castle off to the north of town, of course, and Kings are just loaded with jewels and whatnot! Sadly, this one just has a cursed prince, as some evil force has carted away his consciousness (and Treasure!). Seeking out this vile fiend (and Treasure!), I find another castle full of... bats (and Trea... er, no.)? Again? Really?

He too has no treasure (see?). Curses. He asks I seek out his crown from a Marsh cave, and I oblige, intending to sell it at first convenience.

Next time -- Fetch quest, Fetch quest... my kingdom caused a fetch quest.

No comments:


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.