Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Saturday, March 3, 2007

...We could be Heroes!

What to do, what to do. The game kind of opens up here. Kammy went the route of getting the Fire Crystal and going on. I want that class change, so I'm immediately going after the Airship.

The first stop on this journey is Crescent Town. There, without even asking, they give me.... a canoe. Great. At least I can row my way to the Crystals now! I can't wield any of the magic they sell here yet, and at 13k a pop, it'd put me back in the poor house. I've opted not to power level yet, and am going to collect the monies and treasure of the Ice Cave first.

I love this dungeon -- it's short, it's easy, AND you can clean up in the money department. A very anticlimactic boss fight leads you to get the levistone. In fact, the boss died in one hit. Whoops.

After that, it's a fast trip back to Crescent Town to heal, and then off to the southern desert to revive my airship! Yaus! That's what I'm TALKING about!

Now I'm free to roam the world! I could even go to the Citadel of Trials and class change. And that's just what I'll do!

Despite the name, the Citadel of Trials is pretty easy. Most fights can be won with a casting of Fira or Diara. The trouble you go through nets you a rat tail (which I tie promptly to a stick!) and a boss with a Dragon Zombie, that dies in just two hits.



Maybe I should rethink this class change. But then again -- the journey to Bahamut, King of Dragons, is pretty easy -- in fact, they practically just GIVE you tons of free stuff just for coming out to say hi. Gold, weapons, potions, all for free!




The result speaks for itself.

No comments:


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.