Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Sunday, March 4, 2007

I'm... on fire... My one... desire....

Now it's time to head off to the Fire Crystal. I am, at this point, also fairly rediculously wealthy. Enough so, that I can stock up on my precious level 6 spells at 13k a pop AND still afford to buy enough Vidal Sassoon to give poor Kammy's hair some volume. The airship makes me lazy, so I can fly right outside the volcano and go in. I love the 1 step = 1 damage in the lava, and I *love* that unlike SOME games, there aren't random encounters in the hurty. It's much the same in the Cavern of Ice, where you have to walk on icicles.


The monsters in this cave are primarily rejects from the Cavern of Earth and outside, with dozens of obligatory palette swaps. Including one hilarious 'Pyrolisk', which I assume will burn AND stone you all at the same time. Some also look ridiculous, like the drooling Lava Worm seen here.

Sadly, I've been digging through the dungeons, collecting all of the loot, and none of it is very useful. The sole exception is the Flame Shield and Flame Mail.





A rather uneventful trek through the dungeon, and a boss fight where I had to keep Life(ing) Sylar as he kept getting physicaled, another crystal was restored, and it's time to resurrect another crystal.

No comments:


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.