Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Monday, July 9, 2007

Variables have ceilings?

So, I continue my love affair with FFIV. There are some serious, life improving changes that are made. Look! I can actually tell the dancer that I'm too busy saving the world/killing innocents to watch her twirl around the room. Again, if Rockstar were making the game, I'd let her dance for me, but only because I could then whack her with my sword for some free gil.

Of course, the game is not without quirks. During your quest to redeem your soul and leave behind all of the evil icky mojo you've been doing so well with for the entire game, someone decided it would be just peachy if all the light and innocence that was floating around granted you the greatest black magic in existence. Clearly, this is a homage back to the days where programmers didn't always check their code very well, and you'd get a number so high that it ended up being a negative number.


...I just made a programming joke. That's some major geek cred.

Of course, Tellah promises to only use his new powers for good, further proving my so holy that he must be evil theory, and everyone goes off to cause Golbez some seriously pointy harm. This causes him to be filled with the angry and the grrr. (This is a phrase I use in real life, and I'm glad that I have an excuse to use it here!)

Of course, Golbez is too mighty and evil to be slain by Meteo, and frolics off to steal more crystals, but Tellah, well... he's not so lucky. The old nag dies in a touching scene, bringing the named character death/deathlike state count ever higher. (Perhaps if enough people die, it'll be like no-one died at all!)

Okay, that's the last time I'll use that joke. I promise.

No comments:


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.