Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I Love FFV.

Okay, I admit, I'm a little biased. I love Final Fantasy V. I think the job system is brilliant -- you can have a drastically different game each and every time you play by just varying the classes you use. And the game practically encourages it.

I also discovered today that my GBA screenshot folder overwrites itself when I close the program, so Kamarile will have to talk about the beginning of the game.

As you may no doubt notice, most of my party is blind. That's the beauty of having a Blue Mage, because you have to let the enemy wail on you with their deadliest attacks, on the slightest off-chance that you might be able to go, "Hmm. They appear to be photoluminescent. And, so am I! Yay! Blindy!".








Then again, it is a world full of potato meteors [again, no screenshot. Stupid computer.], so anything is possible. Despite my earlier reservations about my party, using a blue mage is pretty righteous, as you can turn all kinds of monsters into frogs.

But, enough about the gameplay. I'm normally not a fan of the 'modernization' of the scripts, but there are occasionally some good lines thrown in.

So far, I'm absolutely loving this game. I've played the common fantrans quite a few times, and I think I've only played this version once -- but it's good. It's damn good.

1 comment:

Artadius said...

I started FF V a long time ago with one of the translation patches...but didn't get too far.

It seems pretty fun though, I like the job system.

You're making me want to play it. Sadly, the DQ series has priority! Maybe afterwards we should do a guest blog on each other's sites ;)


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.