Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Let the Games Begin!



So, how's FF5 treating you so far, Matty?

Surprisingly well, considering I rolled three different mages and a thief to start with.

Ouch! I was lucky and I rolled a classic Black Mage, White Mage, Monk, Knight party.

Which is the typical party you'd start with, no?

I mean, pretty much. It's the standard FF1 starting party for most people.

My two different characters from yours aren't too terrible either. Thieves are pretty useful with the sneaky fleeing, and Blue Mages can wield SWORDS and are surprisingly powerful. I'd be curious to see an all Blue-Mage game, actually.

What I worry about is that I'm using these classes so early in the game. Just watch me be fighting Xdeath at the end with an animal trainer, a dancer, and a chemist.


I wonder how much AP we'll burn through without having to grind. And, by the way, chemists are love.

I haven't even been levelling for money, so far. I'm not very far, though.

I've just made it past the ship graveyard, and everyone's got about 30 AP.


The mages should stay mages for a while, because everyone has that retarded Use Rod skill that you get for mastering those.

Blue Mages are actually surprisingly quick. 350 points to master, I think.

And then you can use blue magic whenever you want! That is actually a good class to get early.


When we get Red Mages, though, that's when the wheels fall off the wagon.

Yum, X-magic!

True, but at around 1200 AP to master? Yech.
That's twice as long as a normal class. Knowing my luck, my Blue Mage will hit it. I'm going to try and avoid mastering Blue Mage with Lenna until I hit the 2nd crystal. Then again, that could mean Berserker.

Oh man, that will be tough, if we get berserkers.

This adds a whole new level of strategy to the game, you know.

It sure does. Can you believe we're actually having a discussion about gameplay and tactics, rather than naughty screenshots?


I thought I took care of that with my 'Beast in the Canal of women' joke. And just wait - I've got a screenshot of one of the pirates going gay for boy-Faris.

And while we're at it, why not laugh about how the hero's name is "Butz"? Which sounds remarkably like "Butts!" hah!
Mine was actually Bartz. I changed it out of principle. The Japanese intended for him to be hard core and Butz-like.

Hahahaha. Hardcore Butz.


And, just like that, we're back to normal.

No comments:


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.