Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Friday, July 6, 2007

Final Fantasy Four

....wait... no... that's not right...

That's.... better. Thank you, MSPaint!

I love Final Fantasy 4. At least, I love it a hell of a lot more than FF3j. I'm playing the 'classic' translation, which sadly translates to FF4 easy type. Essentially, you just hold down the fight button for thirty hours and a winner is you!
Despite that, it's a damn great game. I think there are much better games coming, but this one is enjoyable, and a nice little appetizer for the, at times, more difficult FFV.

As they say at some sporting place, somewhere, let the game begin!

1 comment:

Artadius said...

What I remember from FF2 (US) way back in the day was that it was the first console RPG that I found that if you never ever ran from a battle (i.e. fought every battle you encountered) you never had to worry about grinding up levels to beat the game.

That was a wild and totally foreign concept to me at the time. When I found out many years later that it was dumbed down for it's American release... I could definitely see that.

It's still a fun game though.

Speaking of which, did you hear recently that they were remaking this game for the DS? Apparently they left out three quarters of the full plot and storyline from the original release and that they're planning on stuffing that back into the new version that they're working on. Sounds awesome!

-Artadius

http://bloggingdq.wordpress.com


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.