Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Final Fantasy... EXTREME!!!


What else do we have to say about FF5?

I dunno. Maybe the tree monsters?

It IS kind of retarded that the main villain is a tree. Like, how did that happen? And is it X-death, like, EXTREME death, or is it Ex-death, like, formerly death?

Hmm. I think it's like X-fight. Xtra death!

Like the gum?

Exactly.

You mean X-actly!

How Xciting.

I mean, it's like, they are all, "This villain isn't evil enough." And then Square Executive #2 goes, "Why don't we have the word 'Death' in his name? That sounds pretty evil." And then Square Executive #3 goes, "No, it still needs a little something extra..."

Then Square Executive #2 goes, "X-tra, you say?" And they all laugh while the credits run.

I mean, it's one of those things where I think to myself, "Maybe it doesn't sound so lame in Japanese." And then I stop and say, "Wait a minute, of COURSE it sounds that lame in Japanese. What was I thinking?"

Haha. Deathhu-ex.

I mean, there are lots of examples in the Final Fantasy oeuvre of Japanese scriptwriters just not understanding how Western-sounding names are supposed to look.


Krile?

I'm thinking more like Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart, Celes Chere, Ashelia B'nargin... Don't even get me started on Edgar Roni and Sabin Rene Figaro.

Relm! Aroni!

Yes, and there's Relm Arrowny, the San Fransisco Treat. Tactics is a prime example of this, actually. Ramza Beaoulve? Is that how you spell his name?

Something like that. Strago Magus?

Those Japanese and their x-centricities.

It's x-asperating.

No comments:


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.