Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Friday, July 6, 2007

Housekeeping and kudos!

So, three games down already, Matty! It sure feels good.

It does. And it's really the three worst games we'll have to play.


I don't know, I'm still dreading the inevitable FF12, myself.


I think FF12 will be okay, but we'll have to grind like we did in FF3.

I'm just glad that we keep on truckin'. After all, we started this thing basically on a whim, back in March.


And we've got a lot of reward coming. FF4-FF7 is basically a giant treat. Even FF8 isn't bad! And you've never actually played it, right?

That would be correct. Besides the NES FFs, number 8 is the only one that i have never beaten.

You're in for a treat, I tell you what.


But anyway, before we continue on our journey, it's time for a little housekeeping, wouldn't you say?

I agree. A clean house is a happy house.

It's come to my attention that there are a lot of quality bloggers out there, doing the same thing that we're doing, but with other long-running game series.

And doing a more serious job of it than we are. But then again, they don't have characters named Butz to deal with.

The big Kahuna of all these would have to be Blogging Ultima at http://bloggingultima.blogspot.com/, which I am very impressed by. Those games are hardcore and will pwn you old school.

Yeah, that puts the ridiculous difficulty level of the original Japanese releases to shame.


There's also Blogging Zelda at http://bloggingzelda.blogspot.com, and Blogging Dragon Quest at http://bloggingdq.wordpress.com/.

Zelda was another obvious pick, but I'm glad someone is doing Dragon Quest. I'd have suggested we do it, actually, if the Blogging FF doesn't burn us out.

The thing that I love about all these guys is that they have so much to say. I'm always so tired out by a session of levelling up that all I want to do is slap a suggestive screenshot on a page, add in a naughty caption, color it FF99FF pink, and call it a day.

I feel much the same. Even though I have about 200 screenshots from FF3, very few of them see the light of day. Speaking of, you have no idea how much I reset to try and get an Unne Fucker picture from the fight with her.

And I mean, to be fair, the games these guys are playing are way harder than Final Fantasy games. I mean, we played freaking Dawn of Souls. I maxed out my gil, yo. I feel like such a noob.


That's true. Especially now, considering we've hit the bastardized American versions.


Well, YOU have. I'm doing the hardtype!

That's why I think adding challenges to the ones we've recently played to death will help.

Well, now that we know that a couple of people read this blog, we could ask them for suggestions.


Like what we should do for FF6 since we've played it more times than a sorority girl at a frat mixer?

That's one way of putting it.

I've got a way with words.

But anyway, a big shout out to our colleagues, be they DQ nerds, Zelda nerds, Ultima nerds, or whatever other kind of game-specific nerds there are on the internet.

Definitely. Nerds represent!

May they be blessed with many screenshots that can serve as double-entendres.


That reminds me, I need to see if the DQ blog used the "Welcome to Assaram" sign from DQ.....3, I think it was.
Because, you know, we totally would.

Heh heh heh. Assaram.

I rest my case.

2 comments:

Artadius said...

Sorry... no screenshot of welcome to Assaram :(

You guys have a much better penchant for comedy in your blogging that I do... I love it! Keep it up!

-Artadius

http://bloggingdq.wordpress.com

Artadius said...

As far as FF VI goes... I'd recommend either the GBA version for the extra dungeon (but that introduces a problem for screen shotting)... or to do some type of 'challenge' type game play.

My favorite was to play each character like a specific class from a previous FF game. You then can only use skills appropriate to that class plus any skills they inherently start with or get granted with through normal gameplay. For instance, Edgar makes a great Dragoon with lances and heavy armor equipped + jump boots. But, that means no spell casting at all for him.

I think there's alot of resources about this type of challenge gameplay for FFVI out there on the net... especially GameFAQs.

-Artadius

http://bloggingdq.wordpress.com


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.