Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Saturday, November 10, 2007

A treatise on Edgar, pt. 1

I think Edgar gets a bit of a bum rap (not a word from you, Kammy!) from the two of us.   I think that *the* most common joke K and I make when we're chatting on IM is about Edgar, the date-rape King of Figaro.  

I mean, ostensibly, Edgar is a good guy.    I'm not sure why his initial description calls him an ally to the Empire, only to have them tell you ten minutes later that he is, in fact, working with the Rebel Alliance to take down the Emperor.  If they could take out those four words, and replace them with lover of fine women, you'd probably be a bit closer to truth where Eddy is concerned.

Edgar, to me, is a lot like a freshman, living away from home for the first time, and trying to find his identity in an alcohol-tinged year at Uni.  There's no denying that he's a genuinely nice guy -- he is, after all, working to overthrow the forces of evil.

However, he's got a bit of an exaggerated machismo, in that he more or less catcalls at every smoking hot babe that happens to wander through Figaro proper.    Which is good -- I like that pretty much every hero in your party is flawed somehow.  

Now -- I don't have too much more to say about Edgar, but instead, I'd like to present you with this photographic montage of the good King of Figaro.
FFVI040

Most misleading intro ever.

 

FFVI053 FFVI054

 

FFVI125 FFVI017

(Yes, I know I'm taking this out of context -- but it makes for the funneh!)

FFVI019 FFVI022

Edgar!  Getting what he wants through the pretty!

FFVI026 FFVI027

Edgar!  Equal opprotunity lover!

No comments:


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.