Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Sunday, November 4, 2007

A neat article about FF6




I found this while making my rounds on the Internet, and the guy who wrote it is of a mind with me about FF6. As much praise as I lavish upon this game, I know all too well that no game is perfect, and FF6 too has its share of imperfections and inconsistancies. Sometimes I wonder what this game would be like if it were made with the almost limitless disk space that we can use for modern console games. Would the plot holes disappear if there were room to explain things more fully, for example? Maybe so. But as the article states, the charm of FF6 is that it never overexplains, and it never falls into the trap of overstatement. I don't think that any RPG since can say the same.

The writer also makes some very astute observations about FF6's gameplay innovations, and how they compare to earlier and later games in the series. How relevant! Looks like he has a similar article for each game of the series, so he is a fellow FF-play-througher. I'm going to start reading all his articles right now.

(P.S.: Three blog posts in a day? No way. We're back in business, guys! Sorry for the hiatus.)

No comments:


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.