Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Tsk tsk

Time for my nitpickery of the day!

There comes a time in every fan translation where the noble otaku writing the script decide that the regular English dialogue isn't profane enough.



Now, far be it from me to get all "Oh, won't somebody please think of the children!" regarding this game. But this strikes me as kind of a poor word choice. "Shit!" is the kind of interjection that I would use if I dropped my cell phone into the toilet by accident. If I'm about to fight the ultimate evil of the world and all of a sudden I find myself immobilized by an incredible force of darkness, I'd probably think of something else to say.

And I mean, the characters of this game are the textbook definition of nondescript. It's kind of weird to see them using strong language of any sort, especially this late in the game. It's one thing if Barret does it, but then again, do we ever really know what the $#%&$^@ Barret was saying anyway?

So ends my nitpickery of the day.

No comments:


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.