Can two nerds do it? Take the most epic journey across the Final Fantasy Universe ever? Can they avoid being knocked down in I, find the first Chocobos in II, play the long, lost forgotten cousin III, cleanse their soul in IV, save the crystals in V, blabber on and on about how great VI is, and then go beyond, into the world of 3D, emo, and fantastically absurd hair? Read, and find out!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

The quest for the crystals!

So, let's talk a bit about FF3.

The thing that strikes me as odd about this game is the difficulty curve. It's ridiculously steep at the beginning of the game -- a very common scene is having all of your party but one dead, no FenixDowns because you just can't find any, and no easy way out of the dungeon except hiking back the way you came.

However -- once you get past a point very early in the game (a BigRat that you have to fight while all your party i
s affected by Mini), things get much easier, much faster. In fact -- not only do I have the Fire Crystal and sexy new jobs....

I've got an airship! Which, for some reason, is made with a Time Gear. I was hoping for some sort of sexy time machine, but then I remembered I'm not playing Chrono Trigger.




No comments:


Mr. Cactuar says: This page has had unique visitors since July 6, 2007.